E-resources for the Adventurous was developed to give students the opportunity to see how their database searching and navigating skills work when going off the beaten track. We will explore digital collections and other places that you may have never heard of or visited before.
Today, you will learn:
- Some quirky electronic sources accessible to you
- How to evaluate the quality of digital repositories found on the web
- How to quickly size up and navigate an unfamiliar database
- Best practices for seeking out sources by format
- Searching or browsing? What's the difference?
- How to find licensing information that will guide you in the legal and ethical use of the resources you find