IMPORTANT: You must create your NoodleTools account on a campus computer!
After creating your account, you will be able to use NoodleTools on your laptop or from home.
NoodleTools is a fill-in-the-blank form that will result in a Works Cited page to accompany your essay, speech or report. You can also use it to create electronic “note cards” to keep track of details, quotes, paraphrases, etc. as you develop your paper.
1. Log-in to NoodleTools
2. The main Noodletools page is the "Projects" page.
3. Look to the right immediately below the menu bar shown above for the button and select it.
4. Choose your citation style. Choices include MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian.
5. Select Advanced Citation level (recommended for high school, college, and beyond).
6. Type in a name for your project in the “Description” box. Then click on Create Project.
7. The Dashboard page will appear.
8. Select "Works cited" (MLA), "References" (APA), or "Bibliography" (Chicago/Turabian) in the “Components” section on the left.
9. Look for the Create Citation box that's under the NoodleTools menu bar to the left. Open the dropdown menu and select the type of citation (journal, book, etc.) you need to create. Then click on Create Citation.
10. The trickiest part of this process will be to identify correctly what kind of citation you need. Answer the questions and fill in the blanks with the information requested. You can add an annotation if needed.
11. When the form is complete, the “Check for Errors” button and “Create Citation” button are at the bottom of the form.
12. When the first citation is complete, create the next citation by answering the questions again. Keep up this process until you have completed all of your citations.
10. You can print/export your list as a Word document to print, save or email it.