Skip to main content

RCK BAAS Student Library Guide: Beyond local

UW-System Universal Borrowing

The UW-System allows faculty and students to borrow items from any UW institution.  Faculty can check out books for a semester, other media such as CDs, and DVDs vary campus to campus. The borrowing process is called UB or Universal Borrowing. 

To place a UB request:

  •    Go to the Library Catalog
  •    Log into your patron account
  •    Then click on the More Libraries tab, and either Check all and click Continue, or just select the campuses you would like to search and click   Continue
  •    Enter your search terms in the Basic or Advanced search tabs and click search
  •    Once you have found what you need, click on the record and then click "Make a Request" over on the right side of the screen.
  •    You will see a screen like the one below.  You will need to select the campus you would like the book delivered to and enter your barcode again and click Submit.

UB Request screen

Inter-Library Loan

You can also request resources from other libraries through our Interlibrary Loan Service, ILLiad.  You can request books, articles and media.  Articles will be delivered to your email either as an attachment or a link.  Books and media will be delivered to your campus library.  In some cases rare archival material or microfilm are allowed to be requested via Interlibrary loan; however these materials usually come with a in-library use only stipulation. 

To use the Interlibrary loan service you can click on the link below and enter in the citation of the item you would like to receive.  Our databases also have the link embeded in the "Find IT" button, so if full text is not available you can request it just by clicking Interlibrary Loan and entering in your barcode, last name, and select your home campus.

UW-Rock Librarian

Beth Webb's picture
Beth Webb
Chat is offline - use Contact us