If you would like to your students to watch multiple video clips, you can create a playlist for them. To do this:
1. First create an user account within the Films on Demand database. This option is in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click on the + icon below the thumbnail image of the video on any browse or search results page. Then choose whether to add the specific title or segment to an existing playlist or to create a new one
3. Or, from the View Video page, use the Add to Playlist icon to add videos to a playlist or to create a new one
4. Access all existing playlists from the Playlists tab at the top of the screen.
Tip: It's easy to add more than one video segment to a playlist at once using Add to Playlist below the video player. Press Ctrl or Command while selecting multiple segments to easily add them to your playlist. You can also add segments from different video titles to a single playlist.
5. To share the playlist - copy and paste the Playlist URL, which can be found on both the My Playlists page and the Edit Playlist page. If your playlist just starts with http://digital.films.com, please add https://ezproxy.uwc.edu/login?url= in front of it when you share the playlist with students. This will ensure our students can access the list from off-campus.
How to Embed Films on Demand Videos into D2L (videos will play in D2L)
1. Login to your D2L class
2. In the "News" area click "New Item"
3. In the title field – type your title into the Headline
4. Under "Content", click on the embed media button
5. Click on the new "Films on Demand" button (found in the menu on the left side of screen)
6. Search for the title you want - also make sure you change the option from segment to title.
7. When you find the item you want click "embed" (button located to the right of title)
8. Then click "insert"
9. Finally click "Publish"
10.Your video should now be ready for the students to watch.
How to Insert Films on Demand Video Links into D2L (videos will open up in Films on Demand website)
The Custom Segment tool allows users to select portions of On Demand titles and create their own custom segments. The custom segments can then be viewed on that title's View Video page, added to a playlist, or embedded into a third party website. To get started:
Note: This is an advanced feature and is only available to users that have created free personal user accounts. Click here for more information about user accounts.